In case you didn’t already know…..It means no worries.. ;)
I’m a firm believer that Disney movies have the power to make you happy. Pair that with a huge mug of tea and a slice of cake..and that’s pretty much eternal bliss sorted right there!
If however you aren’t so easily pleased as moi.. read on to hear more about my “Get Happy” tips! :)
I got the inspiration for this post off my favourite Blogger and YouTuber Louise from Sprinkleofglitter. She recently posted a video all about what makes her happy and I’ve gotta say that video actually made me feel happy. (Here’s the link if you’re interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzKl5-xVRY&feature=g-all-u )
As well as making me all happy and warm and fuzzy inside, it also got me thinking about the things that make me happy and cheer me up on a real poopey crappy day and I thought I’d share a few of them on her for you:
1) Tea: Seriously this is my ultimate “quick fix” when it comes to happiness. Whenever I’m stressed/upset/sick…etc.. the first thing I do is make myself a HUGE mug of tea. It calms me down, warms up my tummy (which is a great feeling) and somehow lifts my mood. If tea isn’t your thing (shame on you) then coffee or a mug of hot chocolate would do too! :)
2) Candles: I’m a tad bit crazy about candles. I love them…And I’m at my most happiest when there is loads lit around me. I think there’s nothing nicer or prettier than being in a dark room with just candles for light.(not in a creepy movie villain way) They are also great to add around your bath or to have at your work desk/area to perk things up a bit. My personal favourites are Yankee candles especially Vanilla Cupcake and Black Cherry! Nom!
3) Retail Therapy: This is a bit of a bold one…as I admit, I shop waaaay too much anyway, rain or shine, happy or sad. Saying that, it actually is a really great way to cheer yourself up. A really good idea is to promise yourself a treat every week… this can be big or small depending on your budget. Knowing that you are gonna treat yourself and the excitement of waiting for it actually does cheer you up and gives you something to look forward to.
4) Pamper Session: This is another obvious one.. but for good reason.. it really does work. Chances are when you are feeling down, you probably look in the mirror and feel down about how you look too (trust me, we’ve all been there). Set aside some time to really pamper yourself. Run a nice hot bath using some of your fav bath products, chill with some candles and music or a magazine (whatever your style) Pop on a face mask, do your nails, slather on some gorgeous smelling body lotion and tackle those eyebrows! By the end of this you are bound to feel like a million dollars inside AND out!
5) Music: Yet another cliche one but I couldn’t leave it out! When I’ve had a particularly rough day I crank out some SERIOUS old school 90′s hits like the Spice Girls and I LITERALLY dance around on my bed to them… (yes seriously). You’ll find yourself in such a good mood and all that dancing will pump some natural endorphins through your body… instant happiness right there. If this isn’t your scene, you could always snuggle up in bed, dim down all the lights and put on some slow relaxing music.. this is a much better option if you’re trying to unwind. Focus on your breathing and even try out some basic Yoga moves (there’s tons of easy tutorials on YouTube)
6) Reading: This is a personal one as I am a HUGE bookworm. I love nothing more after a long day at work, than to just curl up with a book. Some really good books I’ve read recently are: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Before I go to Sleep by SJ Watson and Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. If any of you would be interested in hearing about some of my all time fav books let me know and I’ll definitely do that for you. If books aren’t your thing you could always read a magazine (I’m loving Company at the moment) or have a browse through some blogs. I’ve listed a few of my favourites in a series of posts if you’d like to check them out:
That’s all I have for now guys. Obviously there a piles more things that make me happy but I thought I’d just list a small few of them with you. If you’d like to hear some more, please let me know and I might make a series out of this type of post. I hope this post wasn’t too boring for you and that you got some happy-inspiration from it!
As always, I’d love to hear from you! So please let me know in the comments below what things make you happy!
Thanks for reading guys!
Ps: If you haven’t already entered my new giveaway, go ahead and enter now. quick!!!!: http://sleepingbootay.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/my-festival-must-haves-giveaway/