I’m going bananas for Burts Bees’ Banana Hand Cream!!!

16 Aug

Most people celebrate the arrival of a new baby, the purchase of a new house or the addition of a new family pet…last week I celebrated the arrival of a new hand cream. The “Burts Bees” Banana hand cream to be precise. This has fastly become my favourite hand cream.. passing out even my good ol’ trusty Soap & Glory “Hand Food”!! (which is a HUGE deal)

Burts Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand cream

What makes it so amazing you may ask??… well….

For one, this hand cream smells identical to those yummy foam banana sweets I use to eat as a child (and maybe still now..shhh) and if you weren’t a fan of those then perhaps this is not the hand cream for you as the scent is quite strong and it tends to linger! (which personally I love)

Gosh, I adore these..anybody else remember them??

The formula itself is very rich. It’s quite thick in consistency so I tend to use it at night and sometimes pop on a pair of cotton gloves for a really deep treatment.  It leaves your hands feeling very moisturised but not greasy which is a huge bonus because nobody enjoys having slippery hands for a zillion hours! Like all “Burt’s Bees” products it contains plenty of natural ingredients which do good for your skin. This hand cream in particular contains Aloe Vera and sweet almond oil which moisturises, soothes and protects your hands. The added beeswax seals in moisture while the banana extracts feed and nourish your skin. Application wise… its pretty much the same as any other hand cream however the packaging does suggest that you apply it to slightly damp hands as it tends to soak in quicker this way…just something to try out!

Burts Bees Beeswax & Banana hand cream swatch

While the packaging is deliciously retro and completely up my alley, it’s perhaps not the most practical!  It comes in quite a chunky glass jar.. which is just begging to be smashed in my handbag! (eeek) This is definitely a hand cream to show off on your dressing table or bedside locker… a stay at home hand cream if you will!

Burts Bees Beeswax & Banana hand cream: Retro-esque packaging <3

Overall this hand cream is a complete winner in my eyes. It’s such a luxurious feeling product and I am completely in love with the scent… It’s reminded me that I need more banana scented things in my life ha!

If you are interested in purchasing this heavenly hand cream for yourself or perhaps as a lovely gift for somebody then here are some links where you can find it:

Hope y’all enjoyed this post! Let me know if you’ve tried any Burts Bees products and if so, what are your favourites?

Thanks for reading guys, Bye Kx:)

About these ads

13 Responses to “I’m going bananas for Burts Bees’ Banana Hand Cream!!!”

1. the domestic fringe August 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

I love Burt’s Bees and now I definitely want to try out this hand cream. Thank you for the review.

~FringeGirl

• sleepingbootay August 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

It was on my “list” for so long so I eventually caved and bought it.. so glad I did. It’s one of those things that I know I’ll repurchase over and over again! Thanks for reading and for your comment! Let me know if you try it out! :) xx

2. emma August 16, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

I’ve never tried this one before Kate, I love the Almond Beeswax hand cream though! I love the scent and it feels so hydrating! Love burt’s bees in general!

Emma x

• sleepingbootay August 17, 2012 at 1:52 pm #

It was a hand cream I really wanted to try for aaages because I love banana scented products (like The Body Shop’s Banana conditioner..mmm) Ooooh i love the almond hand cream as well… tempted to make a sneaky repurchase of that one too! Ps: (so sorry in the delay of your goodies, the post office sent it back to me because apparently the packaging had been torn etc.. in the process of re-wrapping them now..so should be with you next week at some stage…so sorry! xx

3. Amanda (Mae) August 17, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

I Love Burt’s Bee’s stuff!

• sleepingbootay August 17, 2012 at 1:52 pm #

Me too! I’ve never tried anything of theirs that I haven’t liked! :)

• Amanda (Mae) August 17, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

Me Either! And their smells are amazing <3

• sleepingbootay August 17, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

Ha yes! Everytime I apply this banana hand cream I go around sniffing my hands like a crazy person for hours! ha

• Amanda (Mae) August 17, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

lol! I am a sucker for their coconuts!

4. nouveauyuppiebeauty August 19, 2012 at 4:27 am #

I like Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Oil or Apricot Oil, or whatever it’s called. Yummy. Your review of this had cream is great, but the smell of bananas makes me ill, so I don’t think I’ll be running out for this anytime soon. Glad you found a hand cream that works and makes you nostalgic for childhood candy. ;-)

• sleepingbootay August 19, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

Ha thank you. Yeah I think the scent of bananas is a love/hate thing! Must try out the Apricot Oil…sounds lovely! :) xx

5. storybookapothecary August 21, 2012 at 9:47 am #

hey girl I’ve nominated you for an award here> http://storybookapothecary.com/2012/08/16/2372/

6. Grady Baylis September 6, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

I just want to mention I’m newbie to blogs and truly savored you’re website. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your site . You really come with great stories. Thank you for revealing your webpage.

Got a comment?.... shoot!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,145 other followers