Today I have a beauty tip for you that’s completely and utterly FREE! Oh-er…
It’s the age old rule and a beauty secret that has been passed down for centuries.. that we all need our beauty sleep. It helps keep our skin looking fresh and our eyes all sparkly. However, I don’t know about you, but recently I’ve been finding it really hard to get to sleep and as a self-confessed bed and sleep lover.. this will just not do! I know, that in this day and age, a lot of people suffer from insomnia due to stress or a busy lifestyle. So I thought I’d put together a few small tips that I use when I find myself awake at 3am playing Angry Birds… (Not a good look)
- Try and avoid coffee or anything high in caffeine before bed
- Try and avoid eating or drinking any food or drink that may cause acid gas or wind such as spicy food or fizzy drinks.
- Don’t go to bed hungry.. have a light snack before hitting the hay if you need to.
- Eat your evening meal early and make it light.. otherwise your tummy will keep you up while it tries to digest!
- Drink water before you sleep and even keep a glass beside your bed. Dehydration makes your pulse rate go up, making you feel awake and sometimes anxious.
- Get rid of electronic gadgets such as your laptop, phone, ipod.. these will distract you from sleeping time!
- Set yourself a regular bedtime.. this way your brain gets used to a routine and will tell your body to expect sleep at that time each night
- Wind down before sleep.. do something relaxing like reading a book (OR Sleepingbootay ;) ) I find having a nice warm bath really works.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes.. wear something loose and light. And don’t sleep with too many clothes! Even better.. sleep in the nip wearing only your favourite scent… very Marilyn Monroe!
That’s all for now folks! Hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful! The tips above were only a few tips and I’m sure there are lots more useful ones out there so please let me know if you have anymore tips on how to wind down or combat the evil insomnia!
Thanks for reading and Happy slumber! Bye Kx:)